Mesothelioma is a serious disease that is thinning its roots all over the world, especially in the United States of America. It is a deadly cancer that is feared around the world. Because while there are drugs to address the symptoms of the disease, a cure for mesothelioma is still missing.
Excessive exposure of asbestos has been posited as the primary cause of mesothelioma.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral used in insulation, clothing and fire-resistant materials. But its use is often less important than the disasters it causes. For those who work with asbestos, inhale or inhale the contaminated tiny asbestos particles that lead to the development of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases (ARDs). Initially, people were not aware of the harmful nature of these particles. It was only recently discovered through various tests such as X-rays, MRI tests i.e. magnetic resonance images and CAT scans or computer aided axial tomography scans.
The cause of mesothelioma has become the point of contention. This is because countless asbestos workers and consumers affected by this deadly disease claim that they were not deliberately warned of the dangers of this material. As a result, lawsuits have been and are being filed against these companies to date. However, it is a myth to think that these lawsuits have driven many asbestos processing companies to bankruptcy. The facts show that many such companies have survived under the protection of Chapter 11 and in turn have used their insolvency to pay off their past debts and reorganized themselves as a result. But this is not the only myth associated with mesothelioma, there are countless others.
1. A common myth is that nothing can be done after a person is in the grip of mesothelioma. While there is no cure for this unsympathetic cancer, some medications can help with lifestyle quality and symptoms.
2. People often believe that working in mines and playing in piles where you are surrounded by asbestos and close to a person suffering from mesothelioma are the only factors responsible for its outbreak. But in reality, mesothelioma and any other ARD is non-transmissible, and individuals who have never performed such tasks are even confronted with it.
3. The next major thing floating around in people’s minds around mesothelioma is smoking. Some believe that smoking triggers this disease. But the truth is that those who smoke and are exposed to asbestos may be at the highest risk of being infected by mesothelioma. But there are countless patients of this ARD who have never smoked a cigarette in their entire lives.
4. In fact, those who think that exposure to asbestos will result in an immediate display of its symptoms are wrong. According to medical science, the effects remain latent and unknown for 10-40 years.
5. It is generally believed that even minor exposure to asbestos particles leads to mesothelioma. So if these fibers are detected in your home or office, they should be removed as soon as possible and all materials that have come into contact with them should be thoroughly cleaned. But this is not what is really necessary. Improper rapid removal can be extremely dangerous as these particles mix easily into the ambient air and cause damage. The best technique to ward off the threat of asbestos particles is to properly cover the affected area. In addition, this task should not be taken over by a naive person. Only the skilled certified asbestos removal professionals should be called upon for this work.
6. Some people believe that chrysotile is a safe form of asbestos. But studies have shown that all forms of asbestos, including the largely used chrysotile, are effective in causing mesothelioma and other ARDs such as lung cancer, asbestosis etc.
Filmy One Trends (filmyone.com) – Exclusive Knowledge Site