Chelsea will begin defending their Champions League crown on Tuesday by welcoming Zenit St Petersburg to Stamford Bridge.
Thomas Tuchel’s men are looking strong to continue last season’s latest win over Manchester City, having added Romelu Lukaku to an already star-studded squad in the summer.
Here’s how to watch Chelsea vs Zenit Saint Petersburg in the 2021-22 Champions League from India.
- What time is Chelsea vs Zenit?
- How to watch Chelsea vs Zenit in India
- Chelsea vs Zenit: Team News and Stats
|Game||Chelsea vs Zenit Saint Petersburg|
|Date||wednesday september 15|
The Sony Pictures Sports Network (SPSN) has the rights to show UEFA Champions League matches in India.
Matches will also be available to stream via SonyLIV app and website, In addition JioTV mobile app, which allows supporters to watch multiple matches at once and watch replay of matches.
|TV channels (English)||Stream online|
|Sony Ten 1 SD & HD||SonyLIV/JioTV|
N’Golo Kante will undergo a belated fitness test as he struggles with an ankle injury, while Christian Pulisic has been permanently ruled out.
Dmitri Christyakov is in doubt due to an ankle injury, with Magomed Ozdoev unavailable after damaging his knee ligaments on the opening day of the Russian league season.
- This will be the first meeting between Chelsea and Zenit Saint Petersburg in European competition, with the Blues unbeaten in six previous matches against Russian teams in the UEFA Champions League (W5 D1).
- Zenit St Petersburg won their first ever away game against an English opponent in European competition (3-0 v Bradford City in the UEFA Intertoto Cup), but they have lost each of their last three trips to England – most recently against Liverpool in February 2013 in the UEFA Europa League.
- Since playing for Chelsea for the first time in the UEFA Champions League in October 2020, no player has been directly involved in more goals for the club than Timo Werner (6 – four goals, two assists). Three of Werner’s four goals for Chelsea in the league have been scored at Stamford Bridge.
- Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has scored 13 goals in 27 previous UEFA Champions League appearances with Man Utd and Inter Milan and found the net in each of his previous two appearances against Russian opponents, scoring three times in two games against CSKA Moscow in 2017 -18 .
Filmy One (FilmyOne.com) – Exclusive Entertainment Site