Watch TV shows and movies on Netflix, or other streaming platforms is best done with friends, family and loved ones. But usually there are times when people we want to watch movies with are not physically available. Teleparty (formerly Netflix Party) makes this process easier by allowing users to watch TV online with friends.
Teleparty launched as Netflix Party and became popular at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. The developers report that more than ten million people have installed Netflix Party and watch Netflix shows with their friends around the world. That’s an impressive number.
Advertisement – Read on below
The platform, which has just been rebranded as Teleparty, has now expanded to support more than one platform, not just Netflix. With Teleparty you can now virtually watch movies with friends on these platforms: Hulu, Hulu +, HBOmax, Disney + and HBO Now.
In addition, Teleparty currently only supports Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers. However, there is a plan to expand and support other browsers soon. With the shared songs as a backup, the platform now calls itself the largest social TV app in the world.
In this post, we will discuss how to watch TV (or movies) online with friends using the Teleparty tool. Stay with me.
Watch TV online with friends – teleparty
How to Use Teleparty on Chrome
- Find and install the Chrome extension “Teleparty” and pin it to the Chrome toolbar after installation.
- Open a video that you want to watch together on one of the supported platforms, for example Netflix, Disney +.
- With the video open, click on the Teleparty icon located at the top of the Chrome browser and pinned.
- click on Start the party, it shows a chat room and a link to join the party.
- Copy the link and share with whoever you want to join your group.
How to use Teleparty on Microsoft Edge Browser
If you use Microsoft Edge, and you want to watch TV / movies online with friends, follow the steps below to do it.
- From your Edge browser, go to the Microsoft Add-ons store and add the Teleparty extension to the browser. The extension is automatically pinned to the browser.
- After installation, open a video to watch together on one of the supported platforms.
- While the video is open, click on it Tp icon at the top of your Microsoft Edge browser.
- click on Start the party and share the link it generates with anyone who wants to participate.
Here are a few more things to know about the Teleparty collaborative TV viewing experience.
- Viewers can message each other via the chat room on the right side of the screen.
- When a person pauses or plays the movie, it does the same for the other viewers in the party. This is to allow synchronization during the screening so that everyone is on the same screen.
- The party creator can choose to be the only one controlling the viewers. To do this, while you are about to create a party, check the option that says ‘Only I have control’.
I am time to enjoy TV shows and movies online with friends and loved ones.