Welcome to Daytona Road Course 101 Live Stream on Sunday, February 21, NASCAR’s second Cup Series race of the 2021 season will host NASCAR’s second Cup Series race for several weeks.
TV show for Daytona Road Course
Fox will air the O’Reilly Auto Parts 253 on television Sunday at 3 p.m. NASCAR RaceDay starts at 1:30 PM on FS1 and switches to Fox at 2:30 PM
Road Course Action returns to Daytona
For the second consecutive year, the legendary DAYTONA Road Course will host the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. All three series will compete from February 19-21, just one week after the 63rd edition of the DAYTONA 500.
The tripleheader on the iconic 14-turn, 3.61-mile racetrack-oval hybrid creates a historic back-to-back action weekend at the World Center of Racing to kick off the 2021 NASCAR season.
- Feb 20: Super Start Batteries 188 at DAYTONA presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts (NASCAR Xfinity Series)
- Feb 21: O’Reilly Auto Parts 253 on DAYTONA (NASCAR Cup Series)
When is the Daytona Road Course race?
The O’Reilly Auto Parts 253 is scheduled for 3:00 pm Sunday 21 February at Daytona International Speedway. At this time, we plan to implement procedures to safely house fans for the DAYTONA Road Course Weekend, including limiting the venue’s capacity to allow for socially remote seating.
A limited number of tickets and camping is available now, and kids 12 and under are free on Fridays and Saturdays in select sections, starting at just $ 10 on Sundays
- The Daytona Road Course was the site of the season-opening Busch Clash on February 9, which started race with Speedweeks, ahead of the Daytona 500 on February 14.
- The Daytona Road Course race is the second of 36 points races in the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series schedule.
When do I qualify for the Daytona Road Course?
There is no training or qualification for the Daytona Road Course race due to COVID-19 restrictions. NASCAR will only practice and qualify at certain events this season.
There is also no training or qualification for the Xfinity Series and Camping World Truck Series at Daytona. But the schedule also includes a whopping six road courses, a trip to Nashville and the return of the Cup Series after 50 years away.
- To make a real comparison, we will compare this year’s changes against what the 2020 schedule should look like, ahead of the recent unpleasantness.
- In addition, we will not only read carefully about the location changes, but also about the data itself.
Why is the Daytona Road Course the second race of the season?
The Daytona Road Course was not originally part of the 2021 NASCAR schedule. It was added as a replacement for California Speedway, which had to opt out due to COVID restrictions in California.
The Daytona Road Course was moved to the second race of the season, with the race scheduled for Homestead-Miami Speedway going from the second to the third week of the season.
- A second straight weekend at Daytona was scheduled following a schedule shift that will allow Homestead-Miami Speedway to have the third race of the season for the Cup and Xfinity Series, while Auto Club Speedway cannot host a weekend due to the COVID. -19 pandemic.
- The Camping World Truck Series was to compete at Homestead when it would be the second race of the year, but the race was moved to Daytona.
When is the Xfinity Series race on the Daytona Road Course?
The Super Start Batteries 188 in Daytona kicks off Saturday, February 20 at 5:00 PM on FS1.
GET STARTED: The command to start engines is given at 5:02 PM. The green flag will wave at 5:14 PM
PREVIOUS: The garage opens at 10:30 am. Drivers report to their car at 4.35 pm. Drivers introductions are at 4:40 PM. The call will be made at 4.54 pm. The national anthem is played at 4.55 pm
DISTANCE: The race is 52 laps (187.72 miles) around the 3.61 mile track.
TO STEP: Phase 1 ends in round 15. Phase 2 ends in round 30.
TV / RADIO: FS1 will broadcast the race at 5:00 PM. FS1 coverage starts at 4:30 PM. The Motor Racing Network radio coverage starts at 4:30 PM and can also be heard on mrn.com. SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will provide the broadcast.
STREAMING: Watch the broadcast of FS1 here.
When is the NASCAR Truck Series race on the Daytona Road Course?
- The BrakeBest 159 brake pads are scheduled for Friday, February 19 at 7:30 PM on FS1.
- “The famous Daytona racetrack has a long and storied history with sports cars and motorcycles, and now we can write a new chapter on it with stock cars,” said NASCAR Vice President Racing Development Ben Kennedy.
- “Fans coming to the track will see six consecutive days of thrilling NASCAR action, where no two days are the same.”
Unlike the tightly packed competition on the speedway’s famous 2.5-mile high-back tri-oval, the redesigned Busch Clash will use about three-quarters of the tri-oval along with the challenging infield portion of the road course. That translates to 12 turns instead of the usual four.
Who are the favorites on the Daytona Road Course?
Chase Elliott has won the last four NASCAR Cup Series points races on road courses, including the inaugural race at the Daytona Road Course last August. His other wins have been at Watkins Glen (twice) and in the Charlotte Roval.
- “After riding the road in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, I know how difficult the track can be,” said NASCAR Hall of Famer and current FOX NASCAR analyst Jeff Gordon.
Filmy One – Exclusive Entertainment Site