The festival of Ganesh Chaturthi plays an important role in Indian culture. This auspicious occasion is not complete without sweets. Lord Ganesha is known for his appetite for sweets and other fried items. One of those popular sweet dishes is the Nariyal Barfi. It is a highly sought after sweet dish in Maharashtra. Cooking this candy is very easy and hassle free. All you need is a microwave and the right ingredients. Cooling this dish takes time; otherwise it will be ready in minutes.
Nariyal Barfi Recipe:
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 cups Sliced Almonds
- 3 cups candied coconut flakes
- 11/2 cans sweet condensed milk
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp oil
- Take a 9×9 pan and grease it with oil.
- Heat and stir condensed milk and coconut in a large bowl. The bowl must be microwave safe.
- Now take the mixture and place it in the microwave to heat. Boil it for almost 7 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Make sure that this Nariyal Barfi mixture does not burn.
- Check the mixture and while it is hot, mix the cardamom and almonds in the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients well in the large bowl.
- Now pour the hot mixture into the greased pan. Smooth the top of the mixture with a spatula.
- Keep the mixture in the refrigerator for almost 1 hour.
- Take a greased knife and cut the candy into approximately 1 inch squares.
- Serve the square sweet in a nice dish and garnish with almonds.
- You can sprinkle a little cardamom powder over the barfis.
- The delicious and attractive Nariyal Barfi is ready to be served.