Shakuntala Devi is an upcoming Indian Hindi-language biographical comedy-drama film written and directed by Anu Menon and produced by Sony Pictures Networks India and Vikram Malhotra under his banner Abundantia Entertainment.
Initial release: 31 July 2020
Director: Anu Menon
Narrated by: Shahrukh Khan
Screenplay: Anu Menon, Nayanika Mahtani
Runtime: 127 minutes
Shakuntala Devi: Cast
- Vidya Balan as Shakuntala Devi
- Jisshu Sengupta as Paritosh Banerji, Shakuntala’s husband
- Sanya Malhotra as Anupama Banerji, Shakuntala’s daughter
Shakuntala Devi Movie: Storyline
- A biographical drama on the life of Shakuntala Devi, the renowned mathematician, whose astounding skills of solving complex math problems in record time won her admiration and awe, the world over.
- For someone who had such a celebrated, spot-lit public life, accompanied by an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records and dropped jaws in well-regarded mathematics circles around the world, there is astonishingly little known about the personal life of Shakuntala Devi, known as ‘the human-computer’
Shakuntala Devi Movie: Review
Rating: 3.5 stars/5
Our overall rating is not an average of the sub scores below.
“The first hour of the film keeps one engaged with a fun, entertaining narrative – wherein 1950s London, we see an eager and endearing Shakuntala Devi giving it her all and trying to pull off her shows despite all the odds.”
That Shakuntala was never going to toe any line or be any kind of ‘normal’ woman, is the line the movie takes and does well by. Especially when we see her, as a young woman, creating a life of her own in England.
Director Anu Menon brings to us the life of a woman whose story is so enthralling that it is hard to look
However, the film is seen through the eyes of her daughter Anupama Banerji. Shakuntala Devi’s balancing act between math and motherhood that tested the delicate mother-daughter relationship.
Watch or Not??
Shakuntala Devi is a must-watch movie. Shakuntala Devi is currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video.