Ganesh Chaturthi is a festival that is celebrated with great enthusiasm throughout the country, especially in Maharashtra. The Hindu god Ganesha is fond of food which is why delicious recipes from Maharashtra are quite popular all over the country. This festival is not complete without this famous Marathi snack, the Sev Puri. This snack is very easy to make and is loved by everyone. Apart from sweets like modak, Puran Policy, Besan ke Laddu, the Sev Puri adds a touch of salt and tartness to the flavors of Ganesh Chaturthi.
Sev Puri Recipe:
Total time: 40 minutes
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 100 g sev
- 2 cups of Rava
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 cup boiled potatoes
- 6 tsp oil
- 1 teaspoon chat masalamassala
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp green chutney
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tsp tamarind chutney
- Salt, to taste
- Coriander leaves (optional)
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes that have already been cooked.
- Take a bowl and mix the rava together with water and salt. Pour water according to the prescribed amount.
- Take the mixture and knead it until a smooth dough is prepared.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth for about 20 minutes.
- Now make balls of the dough. These balls should be kept medium in size.
- Take a cutter and cut small puris out of the medium sized balls.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the puris until it browns and becomes crispy.
- Place the fried puris in a serving bowl.
- On top of the puris put diced potatoes, curd and sev.
- Mix the tamarind chutney and green chutney over the prepared mixture. This gives flavor and color to the recipe.
- Sprinkle some cumin powder, chat powder and chili powder over it. You can garnish it with coriander leaves.
- The delicious Sev Puri exclusive to Ganesh Chaturthi is ready to be served to the guests.