The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: After the great success of WandaVision, the next big show from Marvel is ready for Disney Plus.
The first season of WandaVision ended with an explosive finale that left us all emotional. The miniseries show based on two superheroes emerged as one of the best shows of 2021, captivating fans of the MCU for nine weeks. The fans are not over yet WandaVision final premiered on March 5, 2021. Well, no need to complain because Marvel is all set to release the next show ‘The Falcom and the Winter Soldier’ as part of Phase four of the MCU.
The Disney Plus show created by Malcolm Spellman is based on the Marvel Comics characters Sam Wilson / Falcon and Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier. A buddy comedy adventure show set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) with events taking place after the movie Avengers: Endgame (2019).
The Falcon and Winter Soldier release schedule
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will premiere on March 19, 2021. Unlike WandaVision, the show will not premiere with two episodes on the same day. There will be a new episode every week, with the finale on April 23, 2021, so there will be six episodes in total. The number of episodes is low, so we can expect the episode duration to be longer, ranging from 40 to 50 minutes. WandaVision disappointed fans with short episodes, and they hope for long episodes this time.
Here’s the full Falcon and the Winter Soldier release schedule, with episode release times:
- Episode 1: Available March 19 – midnight PT / 3 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. GMT
- Episode 2: Available March 26 – midnight PT / 3 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. GMT
- Episode 3: Available April 2 – midnight PT / 3 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. GMT
- Episode 4: Available April 9 – midnight PT / 3 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. GMT
- Episode 5: Available April 16 – midnight PT / 3 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. GMT
- Episode 6: Available April 23 – midnight PT / 3 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. GMT
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier show details
After WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is the second series in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Pick up after the events of, the show focuses on Sam Wilson, aka The Falcon, who, after being treated with the Captain America Shield, teams up with Bucky Barnes, aka The Winter Soldier, on a sprawling mission to take on the anti patriotic group called the Flag-Smashers.
Cast and characters
Here’s a look at the main characters who will be appearing on the show:
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon: Captain America gave up the shield at the end of Avengers: Endgame (2019), as he continues to use the name Falcon. The series traverses Wilson’s actions after he receives Captain America’s shield.
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier: Steve Rogers, aka Captain America’s best friend, who resurfaced as an influenced killer after thinking he was murdered during World War II.
- Daniel Brühl as Baron Helmut Zemo: Daniel Brühl returns as Baron Zemo, wearing his traditional purple mask from the comics.
- Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter: Emily VanCamp is back as Sharon Carter aka Peggy’s niece and former agent of SHIELD
- Wyatt Russell as John F. Walker: A militaristic successor to Captain America created by the US government.
Watch the trailer here:
Are you excited about ‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section.
FilmyOne.com – Exclusive Entertainment Site