Table of Contents
Download GTA 4: Grand Theft Auto 4 or GTA 4 is one of the oldest titles in the popular franchise. It came out way back in 2008 and no doubt remains hugely popular in the gaming community. GTA 4 is all about the character Niko Bellic who comes to Liberty City to leave his past behind and start a new life. However, things go wrong with Niko, leaving him in debt, forcing him to team up with the underworld criminals. But GTA 4’s storyline weaves into the character, giving you the thrill of wandering around town and harassing the police. So if you are interested in entering the world of Niko, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download GTA 4 for PC, Android and iPhone. We also help you understand GTA 4 system requirements and more.
: GTA San Andreas for PC: How to download GTA San Andreas on PC, laptop and mobile
GTA 4 system requirements
GTA 4 on PC isn’t a heavy game, which means you can rely on basic machines to run the title. However, there are certain recommendations from the game developer that will provide you with an engaging gaming experience.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 quad-core
- RAM: 4 GB
- Operating System: Windows 7
- Graphics card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600+ or 512MB ATI 3870+
- Storage: 18 GB
GTA 4 on PC can also run on Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Windows 7 versions. However, you must have at least an Intel Core 2 quad-core CPU and 2 GB of RAM to run GTA 4 on the PC. Your system should also have 256MB NVIDIA 7900 GT or 256MB ATI X1900 + GPU and 16GB of free hard drive space. With these hardware specifications, you can play GTA 4 on your PC.
GTA 4 download for PC
GTA 4 download for PC is available from multiple sources. However, most of them are unsafe or illegal. The safest GTA 4 download for PC approach would be through Steam and the official Rockstar Games store. You can download it like this:
How to download GTA 4 on PC with Steam
If you are using Steam to download GTA 4 for PC, you must first download and install the Steam app on your system. After that you have to log in to your account. If you are new to the platform, you can register and also create an account. Follow these steps to download GTA 4 on Steam:
- Go to it Steam website and download the Steam app to Windows PC
- Now you can register for a new account or log in if you already have one
- Search for GTA 4 in the Steam app
- Select GTA 4: The Complete Edition
- Pay with a debit / credit card or with another method for GTA 4
- After the payment is confirmed, click the Download button to get GTA 4 on your PC
How to download GTA 4 on PC from Rockstar Games Store
The Rockstar Games store is your official source to get GTA 4 download. Unlike Steam, all you have to do is go to the Rockstar Games store online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Rockstar Games store website and log into your account
- You can also create an account via the ‘Sign up’ option
- Search for GTA 4 in the Rockstar Games online store
- Select the GTA 4 PC download and click Add to basket
- Go to checkout, pay and download the game
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you download GTA 4 for Android?
GTA 4 is not officially available for Android through Google Play Store. You don’t even have the option to mirror GTA 4 with different tools. So your only medium to play GTA 4 is to use the PC.
Can you download GTA 4 on iPhone?
GTA 4 is not compatible with iOS and you have no option to play the adventure game on Apple iPhone or iPad from the game developer.
How to download GTA 4 on Mac
GTA 4 was never released for Mac, which is why the title for Apple computers cannot be found through the official Rockstar Games store and Steam.
Filmy One (FilmyOne.com) – Exclusive Entertainment Site