Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated with great pomp in various parts of India. Candy is a must during this promising festival. One of the popular and delicious dishes made in various households on this occasion, especially in Maharashtra, is the Puran Poli. The softness of the candy makes it very popular with candy lovers.
Puran Poli Recipe:
Total time: 5 hours 15 minutes
Preparation time: 5 hours
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup flour (Maida)
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 tsp ghee
- Water, to make dough
- 6 tsp oil
For the filling:
- 1-1/2 cup jiggery
- 1-1/4 cup Bengal Gram Dal
- 1-2 pinches cardamom powder
- First, mix the masala and ghee along with maida.
- Now make a smooth, smooth dough with water. Keep it covered with a wet cloth for about 45 minutes.
- Take the maida and knead it again. Apply 6 tablespoons of oil and continue kneading until the oil is completely absorbed.
- Cover the maida and keep it aside for about 4 hours. This makes the Puran Poli soft to eat.
- Take the daal and put it in the pressure cooker until 1 whistle.
- Drain all the water.
- Make a paste of the dal by grinding them together with cardamom powder and cane sugar.
- Make small balls with the filling mixture. Make sure the filling is completely removed from the water.
- Take the dough and divide it into small balls. Start flattening them with a rolling pin.
- Take small dough and carefully place one filling ball in it. Cover and close the dough ball.
- Note the shape of the dough and roll it out into thick puris. The filling should not come out of the dough while rolling.
- Take a frying pan, pour ghee on it. Fry the puris from all sides.
- Delicious and hot PuranPoli is ready to be served.