The attempt to show the real-life chemistry of Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover on the big screen, which director Bhushan Patel has tried in MX Player’s web series Dangerous, does not appear to be successful.
Due to the weak story and lack of suspense, Dangerous seems to be at the very bottom of the list of Indian web series currently released.
The MX Player Original Web Series has been released on MX Player on August 14 and all seven episodes of it seem very simple.
About The Movie
The Story revolves around the life of Aditya Dhanraj, a young struggling entrepreneur, who discovers that his wife has gone missing. He sets out to find his wife with the help of the police, only to discover that his ex-girlfriend will be handling his case.
- Her husband Karan Singh Grover is also in the lead role in Dangerous Web Series along with Bipasha Basu, who returned to the big screen after about 5 years.
- Along with Karan and Bipasha, Dangerous also stars Suyyash Rai, Sonali Rawat, Natasha Suri, and Nitin Arora in the lead roles.
- The film suffers from a convoluted narrative and relies too much on recycled-plots and the chemistry between the real-life couple.
- Dangerous was meant to be a movie but has instead been split into a web series comprising seven episodes clocking barely 20 minutes each.
- The story is quite weak as viewers were expecting something grand from the most promising couple.
- Vikram Bhatt’s barebones screenplay, directed by Bhushan Patel, devotes more time to explain what an ankle bracelet is than fleshing out the story. The dialogue, half of it in English, appears to have been written on the fly.
The way Bhushan Patel introduced Bipasha and Karan Singh Grover in the 2015 film Alone, they also introduced Dangerous Web Series, in which the audience will not be able to join them.