What is the Circa Contest?
The Circa Contest is an annual competition for students in grades 9-12. It is designed to encourage creativity and innovation in the field of computer science. Students are challenged to solve a real-world problem using computer science principles. The winning team receives a cash prize and the opportunity to present their work at a prestigious conference.
Who can participate in the Circa Contest?
The Circa Contest is open to students in grades 9-12 from anywhere in the world. Students can participate individually or as part of a team.
What are the criteria for judging the Circa Contest?
The Circa Contest judges will consider the following criteria when evaluating submissions:
- Originality: The judges will be looking for submissions that are creative and innovative.
- Technical merit: The judges will be looking for submissions that are well-conceived and executed.
- Presentation: The judges will be looking for submissions that are clear, concise, and easy to understand.
What are the prizes for the Circa Contest?
The winning team will receive a cash prize of $10,000. The second-place team will receive a cash prize of $5,000. The third-place team will receive a cash prize of $2,500.
How do I register for the Circa Contest?
Registration for the Circa Contest is now open. To register, visit the Circa Contest website and click on the “Register” link. You will need to provide your name, email address, and school affiliation.
When is the Circa Contest?
The Circa Contest will be held on Saturday, March 11, 2023. The contest will be held at the University of California, Berkeley.
How can I learn more about the Circa Contest?
For more information about the Circa Contest, visit the Circa Contest website. You can also follow the Circa Contest on social media for updates and announcements.
I’m a student who is interested in participating in the Circa Contest. What can I do to prepare?
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the Circa Contest:
- Start early. The Circa Contest is a challenging competition, so it’s important to start preparing early.
- Get organized. Create a timeline and a plan for how you will prepare for the contest.
- Practice your skills. The Circa Contest judges will be looking for submissions that are well-conceived and executed. Make sure to practice your skills so that you are prepared for the competition.
- Get help from others. If you are struggling with a particular problem, don’t be afraid to ask for help from your teachers, classmates, or parents.
I’m a teacher who is interested in getting my students involved in the Circa Contest. What can I do?
Here are a few tips to help you get your students involved in the Circa Contest:
- Promote the contest to your students. Tell them about the contest and encourage them to participate.
- Provide support to your students. Help them to prepare for the contest by providing them with resources and guidance.
- Get involved in the contest yourself. Attend the contest and cheer on your students.
I’m a sponsor who is interested in supporting the Circa Contest. What can I do?
The Circa Contest is a great opportunity to support the next generation of computer scientists. Here are a few ways that you can support the contest:
- Donate money to the contest. This will help to cover the costs of the contest and provide prizes for the winners.
- Provide resources to the contestants. This could include providing access to computers, software, or mentors.
- Attend the contest and cheer on the contestants. This will show your support for the contest and the contestants.
The Circa Contest is an exciting opportunity for students to showcase their creativity and innovation in the field of computer science. If you are a student or a teacher who is interested in getting involved, please visit the Circa Contest website for more information.
Thank you for your visit!