Cast: Abhishek Bachchan, Nithya Menen, Amit Sadh, Saiyami Kher, Hrishikesh Joshi, Shradha Kaul, Shruti Bapna, Resham Shrivardhankar
Director: Mayank Sharma
Rating: 2.5 stars (out of 5)
After making us wait for 2 years, Amazon Prime’s ‘Breathe’ is back with its second season- ‘Breathe: Into The Shadows’.
About The Story
- Abhishek Bachchan plays Avinash Sabharwal, a psychiatrist with a thriving practice in Gurugram.
- Avinash and his chef wife, Abha, are parents to a young girl named Siya, who is a ‘juvenile diabetic’ in need of regular insulin shots.
- Their quiet life of domesticity in New Delhi is disrupted when, at a friend’s birthday party, Siya goes missing. Cops are called for the investigation.
Complete Review of Breathe: Into the Shadows
- The first four-episodes feature anger and lust deliberately.
- You may get reminded of 1995 Hollywood psychological thriller SE7EN starring Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, and Gwyneth Paltrow which was based on seven deadly sins.
- Similarly, the kidnapper here marks his victims based on 10 heads of Ravana (10 negative emotions of Ravana).
Several episodes into Breathe: Into The Shadows, an Amazon Original, the guilt-ridden male protagonist, a New Delhi psychiatrist who commits heinous acts under duress.
Abhishek A Bachchan plays Avinash Sabharwal, a psychiatrist with a thriving practice in Gurugram. But he delivers it with a stern expression and in a vaguely foreign accent.
Performances Of Cast
- Coming to performances, Abhishek Bachchan is indeed a controlled actor which he shows amazingly on the show. His role as a psychiatrist is definitely a must-watch.
- Nithya Menen has proved her talent with graceful and intense skills of her.
- Then comes Amit Sadh, a highly intelligent Police Inspector. Though he doesn’t carry any baggage from the first season Still, he carries a new one while on his way to Delhi.
The basic plot is summed up by the show’s tagline- “a father’s love can save a life.. or take one !!
It is always more challenging to impress the audience with the second season. The task becomes even harder when the previous one was appreciated by the audience.
The show’s biggest enemy was its expectation. In case you haven’t seen the first season, you might just get more impressed.